Kirkland generic minoxidil regrows more hair that most hair loss treatments, and it can produce results in as little as two months. Minoxidil 5 is an extra strength formula for men who have a general thinning of hair on the top of the scalp. Not intended for use on frontal baldness or receeding hairline.
5% minoxidil solution.
To apply minoxidil solution:
* Make sure your hair and scalp are completely dry before applying this medicine.
* Apply the amount prescribed to the area of the scalp being treated, beginning in the center of the area. Follow your doctor's instructions on how to apply the solution, using the applicator provided.
* Do not shampoo your hair for 4 hours after applying minoxidil.
* Immediately after using this medicine, wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them.
* Do not use a hairdryer to dry the scalp after you apply minoxidil solution. Blowing with a hairdryer on the scalp may make the treatment less effective.
* Allow the minoxidil to completely dry for 2 to 4 hours after applying it, including before going to bed. Minoxidil can stain clothing, hats, or bed linen if your hair or scalp is not fully dry after using the medicine.
* Avoid transferring the medicine while wet to other parts of the body. This can occur if the medicine gets on your pillowcase or bed linens or if your hands are not washed after applying minoxidil. If your scalp becomes irritated in any way, check with your doctor before applying minoxidil. Keep this medicine away from the eyes, nose, and mouth . If you should accidentally get some in your eyes, nose, or mouth, flush the area thoroughly with cool tap water. If you are using the pump spray, be careful not to breathe in the spray.